Sunday, June 14, 2009

Schooooool's out Fo-EVer!!!!

I have not been able to get that song out of my head ever since I made Chloe's teacher a card. It's unfortunate that I only know 2 lines: school's out for summer; school's out forever!


Public school is out forever for Chloe, until she gets tired and bored of me homeschooling her. I am sad that she will miss those great experiences had by all in public school, but I know we will make our own new experiences. This is something Chloe has begged me to do all year long. It's not that she hates school at all - it's that she wants to be with me and learn from me. No worries, she will still get plenty of social interaction with the rest of the homeschooling community - which is fairly large in our neighborhood alone. So on to the next phase of my life. It's nice to mix things up a little bit to help you get a renewed sense of purpose. This is something to look forward to, we'll see how it goes!

WHILE YOU WERE SCHOOLING......
While Chloe was in school this past year she has:
grown 7 inches
gained 7 pounds
stayed the same shoe size (13)
had her hair cut only twice (tender head)
lost 2 teeth
Where does the time go!



6 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

You will be such a great teacher for Chloe. You are right, many new memories to be made. Good luck with this new adventure. You wonderful home school mothers just amaze me.

Aly said...

It will be wonderful! We are so excited to have you in our group of crazies!!

I can't believe how much she has grown!!!

Holly said...

What a hard job you are taking on! Wow! I could never do that. But you will do an amazing job! Kevin has a cousin in Sandy that home schools her 5 kids! You should talk to her!

Melissa said...

We will miss Chloe and YOU at school. It will be great because you will be able to focus on just her, it's sure to be a success. But, if you ever come back, we will welcome you with open arms!!! You will be a fantastic teacher!

Anonymous said...

How exciting, Brooke!!! I don't think you will regret it! I hope to see you at some of the playgroups!

That is incredible that Chloe has grown 7 inches in one year!! WOW!

Parry's said...

What a cute post.